Sunday, May 3, 2009

Aleena's Big Day

Aleena with G&G Peacock
With G&G Bernardi and GG Coleman

Most of the cousins


Friday night before the baptism I was doing last minute things to get ready. When I went upstairs and heard David talking to Aleena. It just made me feel so good to see what a sweet dad he is. I have to say sometimes my husband can be a grouch. And sometimes he really ticks me off! But he always seems to do something to remind me why I love him.



The Baptism was at 8:30am (yes AM! They obviously don't know us) Things went pretty smooth until we went to leave and it was pouring. Then I forgot to put the breakfast casseroles in the oven. Luckily Becka went and put them in after the baptism part. Anyway both kids being baptised had people come late. So we didn't start 'til 8:45. David's brother Bill and his family had to leave at 9:00 so they missed the comfirmation. (Sorry Bill & Johanna) Other than that I think it went pretty well.:)



It was special for me to help Aleena get into her beautiful white dress and fix her hair. She was so happy she just beemed! What a beautiful little girl I have!



When it was over we went to another church and had a breakfast. It was fun to see all our necies & nephews together. They all had a lot of fun with each other.

1 comment:

  1. The day really did turn out great. I missed the confirmation though because of my wild child in the halls. BUt Aleena looked beautiful. And, the food was delicious! Turned out good. Sorry I was such a grouch Sunday. I was anticipating a terrible drive home. Turned out it wasn't so bad. Sorry!
    PS your house really looked good the way you had it decorated etc.

    ReplyDelete